MSF accused of anti-Israel rhetoric quits Nasser Hospital amid gunmen concerns

Sports

MSF accused of anti-Israel rhetoric quits Nasser Hospital amid gunmen concerns

2026-02-16 20:38:12

newYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

The increasingly controversial medical NGO Doctors Without Borders, which has been accused of anti-Israel rhetoric, shocked many when it recently announced that it had halted operations at Nasser Hospital in Khan Yunis, Gaza, due to the presence of militants using the hospital, which Israel has been constantly accused of raiding.

MSF said its teams “reported a pattern of unacceptable acts, including child abuse.” The presence of armed men“Intimidation, arbitrary arrests of patients, and the recent case of suspected weapons movement,” she said, “the incidents pose serious security threats to our teams and patients.”

Salo Eisenberg, director of the media watchdog group HonestReporting, told Fox News Digital that “MSF buried its admission of seeing armed gunmen at Nasser Hospital at the end of a 2,500-word Gaza Projects update, but still has not identified those gunmen. Hamas.”

Stefanik asks AG Bondi to investigate a medical charity over Hamas propaganda allegations

Hamas in Gaza

Hamas terrorists take security measures as preparations are completed at Nasser Hospital to receive Gazans who will be released under a ceasefire and hostage exchange agreement between Israel and Hamas in Khan Yunis, Gaza, on October 13, 2025. (Doaa El-Baz/Anadolu via Getty Images)

Hamas’ ongoing operations highlight another challenge: The need to disarm HamasAs required by the ceasefire currently in effect.

In a statement to Fox News Digital, the IDF said it “possesses intelligence indicating that Nasser Hospital is being used as a headquarters and military site for senior Hamas leaders and operatives in the southern Gaza Strip. For two years, the IDF and the defense establishment have warned of the cynical use by terrorist organizations in the Gaza Strip of hospitals and humanitarian shelters as human shields to conceal terrorist activity.”

While the Israeli military noted that MSF’s decision was “important,” it said it “came too late. This is further evidence that reinforces the necessity of disarming the organization.” Hamas terrorist organization“.

An MSF staff member talks with a patient inside a hospital ward working with scarce resources.

MSF has suspended operations at Nasser Hospital due to what it said were “unacceptable actions, including the presence of armed men” at the medical center in Khan Yunis in Gaza. (Abdul Rahim Al-Khatib/Anadolu via Getty Images)

Fox News Digital asked the White House whether the presence of armed fighters at Nasser Hospital was a violation of the ceasefire. A White House official stated, “We cannot confirm MSF’s claims, but any threat to Hamas is one reason we continue to stress that Hamas must disarm.”

US-backed Gaza aid group criticizes Doctors Without Borders, accuses it of spreading “false” claims

MSF has previously stated that it has been “operating out of Nasser Hospital since before the conflict escalated in October 2023.”

Eisenberg said that MSF’s letter marked a change from its previous statements. “when The IDF raided Nasser Hospital “In February 2024, it was said that Hamas activists and hostages were believed to be there, and it was condemned as an unlawful attack on a medical facility,” Eisenberg said. “MSF now confirms that the hospital was Used by fighters And for the movement of weapons. The Israeli army was right all along.”

Hamas weapons were confiscated from Nasser Hospital.

IDF forces found a large cache of weapons, some of which were found hidden inside a vehicle used by Hamas terrorists to carry out the terrorist attack against Israel on October 7. February 18, 2024. (IDF)

Concerns also came from the US-backed Gaza Humanitarian Foundation (GHF), which provided more than 187 million meals to Gazans between May 26 and late November 2025. In September, GHF told Fox News Digital that Nasser Hospital routinely issues “false reports” of civilian deaths at GHF sites to the media.

A former leader of Doctors Without Borders describes the group as “complicit with Hamas” over the response to the war in Gaza

MSF did not respond to Fox News Digital’s questions about its failure to address the presence of armed militants at Nasser Hospital previously, whether the armed militants at the hospital were members of Hamas and why they chose to include their change in operations at the end of a lengthy statement alleging “campaigns of intimidation, pressure and smear” in relation to MSF by Israeli authorities.

The Israeli army banned Doctors Without Borders from working in Gaza starting March 1, citing the organization’s failure to provide a list of the names of all Palestinian employees, according to the Times of Israel.

Doctors Without Borders has come under fire in the United States, with Republican Representative Elise Stefanik sending a letter to the Attorney General Pam Bondi In September, she was asked to investigate the organization under the anti-terrorism law because it was a “mirror.”[ed] “The propaganda that Hamas constantly spreads.”

Palestinians carrying aid from the Gaza Humanitarian Foundation

People carry boxes of relief supplies from the Gaza Humanitarian Foundation (GHF), a US-backed private aid group that bypassed the long-standing UN-led order in the area, with the return of displaced Palestinians from an aid distribution center in the central Gaza Strip in June. 8 The United Nations and major relief organizations have refused to cooperate with the Global Humanitarian Fund, due to concerns that it is designed to meet Israeli military objectives. (Iyad Baba/AFP via Getty Images)

As the Trump administration-brokered ceasefire holds, other anti-Israel NGOs appear to be coming to terms with their obsession with Israel. The former chief executive of Oxfam UK, Dr Halima Begum, has sued the charity on charges of sexism, racism and anti-Semitism. “I’ve always felt as though we were acting disproportionately around the crisis in Gaza,” she told Channel 4 News in the UK.

Commenting on Begum’s statements, Israeli government minister Amichai Shikli said that Begum “was an outspoken critic of Israeli policy.” State of Israel. “So, when she testifies about the level of anti-Semitism within the organization and makes these accusations herself, her statements should resonate around the world even more.”

Click here to download the FOX NEWS app

Oxfam will not be allowed to operate in Gaza as of February 28, the Ministry of Diaspora Affairs and Combating Anti-Semitism has decided, Israeli news agency TPS-IL reported on Monday.

The NGO Watchdog told Fox News Digital that the confluence of news stories makes clear that “super-powerful NGOs are slowly being exposed from within — and their anti-Israel rot exposed for all to see. A significant return to founding principles is needed to ensure this.” human rights “Once again we have become driving ideals within the world’s most influential NGOs.”

https://static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2026/02/ngo-msf-nasser-hospital-gaza-closure.jpg

إرسال التعليق